The Grated Parmesan Crostino add a delicious crunchy topping to this warming chicken bake with Mediterranean flavours of basil, garlic and artichoke. You can make this as one casserole or in six individual ramekins.
- 1 pouch ACE Bakery® Grated Parmesan Crostino
- 1½ lb skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ tsp. Maldon salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 10 oz grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 14 fl. oz can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 18 oz potato gnocchi (or 2 cups orechiette pasta, cooked al dente)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 20 fresh small basil leaves
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubed pieces and season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken in batches until lightly golden on all sides but still pink in the middle, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, reserving the oil in the skillet. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until softened and light golden.
- Lower the heat to a gentle simmer and add the grape tomatoes and chicken stock or water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes break up and the mixture becomes saucy, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved chicken, artichoke hearts, gnocchi or orechiette pasta (cooked al dente, about 2 minutes under recommended cooking time) and spinach, stirring to combine well. Cook for 1 minute just until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, zest, fresh basil leaves, mozzarella and half the grated Parmesan. Spoon the mixture into a 13- x 9-inch (33- x 23-cm) casserole dish or 6 individual 1½-cup (360-mL) ramekins. Top with the ACE Bakery® Grated Parmesan Crostino and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.