Few things in life are better than a good old-fashioned juicy beef burger. The smooth and creamy texture of the avocado contrasts beautifully against the meat, and the tangy-sweet zip of honey mustard really tops it all off. A great classic for a summer gathering.
- 4 ACE Bakery® Classic Burger Buns
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sweet white onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch chili flakes
- 20 oz coarsely ground beef
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, rosemary and chili flakes and sauté for 2 minutes until just beginning to soften. Allow to cool slightly and then mix gently into the ground beef along with the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, divide the mixture into four patties and press gently with your palm to form a burger that is about ¾ inch (1.9 cm) thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, on a tray, until ready to grill.
- Heat a BBQ or grill pan to medium heat. When the grill is hot, brush the burgers with a little oil and place on the grill. Cook for four minutes on one side until the bottoms are beginning to caramelize and gently char. Flip just once, resisting the urge to move them around or press down with the spatula as you will lose all the burger’s juicy succulence. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes more for a medium burger.
- Place the ACE Bakery® Burger Buns cut sides down on the grill to lightly toast.
- Assemble the burgers by layering with romaine lettuce, slices of tomato, onion and avocado and a good slather of honey mustard.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.