Do you dare to top your burger with fries and Texas-style onion rings? Then you are in the right place my friend. Featured on ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Burger Buns.
- 4 ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Burger Buns
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sweet white onion, finely diced
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 20 oz. coarsely ground beef
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices crispy cooked maple bacon
- 8 slices sweet pickles
- 1 cup hot French fries
- 8 thick cut Texas style onion rings
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. aioli
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions and chili flakes and sauté for 2 minutes until just beginning to soften. Allow to cool slightly and then mix gently into the ground beef along with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, divide the mixture into 4 patties and press gently with your palm to form a burger that is about three quarters of an inch (1.9 cm) thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, on a covered tray, until ready to grill.
- Heat a BBQ or grill pan to medium heat. When the grill is hot, brush the burgers with a little oil and place on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes on one side until the bottoms are beginning to caramelize and gently char. Flip just once, resisting the urge to move them around or press down with the spatula. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes more for a medium burger. Top each burger with a slice of cheddar, a slice of mozzarella and two slices of maple bacon.
- Place the ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Burger Buns sliced sides down on the grill to lightly toast. Assemble the burgers by layering the bottom bun with sweet pickles and French fries. Top with the dressed burger, onion rings, ketchup and a good slathering of aioli.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.