Think French café in autumn when you taste this little sandwich that combines the sweetness of cassis-roasted plums, with the richness of paper-thin slices of pancetta and warm melted brie. A glass of red wine and a salad of mixed greens in a light citrus vinaigrette complete the daydream.
- 4 slices ACE Bakery® Multigrain Oval
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 small Ontario blue Italian plums, halved and pitted
- 2 tbsp. cassis liqueur
- 1 tbsp. fresh lavender flowers, chopped
- 2 oz Ontario goat brie, cut into 4 slices
- 6 thin slices pancetta or prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the plum halves cut-side-down in the skillet. When sizzling, add the cassis and lavender and cook until bubbling and slightly softened, about 7 minutes.
- Place 2 slices of the ACE Bakery® Multigrain Oval on a small metal baking sheet. Top each with the slices of goat brie. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes until the brie begins to melt.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place four plum halves on top of each cheese-topped piece of bread and pour over some of the reserved syrupy cooking juices. Top each with 3 slices of pancetta or prosciutto and the remaining two slices of bread.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.
By Meghan Légère from Toronto, Ontario.