Little toasty, cheesy Cubanos are perfect party fare with a frosty beer or a refreshing mojito.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 slices ACE Bakery® Organic White Sliced Loaf
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. honey mustard
- 12 oz pork tenderloin
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices smoked ham
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasonings. Brush 1 tbsp. of the honey mustard all over the pork tenderloin and sprinkle with the seasoning mixture to cover.
- Place the pork on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes until just a blush of pink remains or an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) is reached. Rest pork for 5 minutes before slicing into thin slices.
- Spread 4 slices of ACE Bakery® Organic White Bread with remaining 2 tbsp. of honey mustard. Layer each with 1 slice of cheese, 4 slices of roasted pork, a slice of ham, 2 slices of dill pickle and the remaining slice of cheese, and then top with another slice of bread.
- Melt the butter with the minced garlic until just barely sizzling. Lightly brush the sandwiches with the flavoured butter.
- Cook two at a time, in a Panini press for 3 minutes (or 2 minutes per side in a large non-stick skillet) until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden and crisp.
- Rest each sandwich for 1 minute before slicing off the crusts and cutting each into four small squares.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.