If you feel like something a little different than a good old hamburger, a marinated chicken sandwich is always a hit. Marinating the chicken makes it moist, flavourful and juicy. Place the prepared chicken overnight in the fridge to intensify the flavours and try grilling the chicken on the BBQ for a lovely, smoky taste. The extra aioli will keep in the fridge for five days.
- 4 ACE Bakery® Sesame Gourmet Burger Buns
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Pinch chili flakes
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 7 oz free-range organic, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 cup baby Swiss chard
- Place the egg yolk, mustard, salt, lemon zest and juice in the bowl of a food processor and mix to combine well. With the machine still running, slowly drizzle in the oil, a very few drops at a time, allowing the mixture to gradually thicken and emulsify. Spoon the aioli into a small bowl and stir in the fresh herbs. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, chili and thyme. Add the chicken breasts, tossing to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, place the chicken breasts, smooth-side-down, in the pan. Cook for 6 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 3 or 4 minutes on the other side, or until juices run clear. Remove the pan from the heat and let the chicken breasts rest in the pan for 5 minutes before slicing into ¼ inch (.64 cm) thick slices.
- Lightly toast the ACE Bakery® Burger Buns. To assemble the sandwiches, generously slather the buns with Herb and Lemon Aioli and layer with slices of chicken, onion, tomato and baby Swiss chard.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.