With ACE Bakery® Pumpkin Seed Sourdough slices, creamy ricotta, fragrant basil pesto spread and roasted tomatoes combine for the perfect lunch time snack.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 ACE Bakery® Sourdough Pumpkin Seed Loaf, sliced into 8
- 1 pint cherry tomato, washed, de-stemmed and dried
- 3 cloves garlic, whole, skin on.
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- Olive oil
- 250g ricotta cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup basil pesto, prepared or make your own
- In a small baking dish, place tomatoes, tossed with 1 tbsp. Olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste, and add whole garlic cloves and thyme sprigs. Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for approximately 20 minutes until blistered and just bursting. Cool 5-10 minutes before adding to topped toasts, discarding thyme and reserving garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, lemon and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 15 minutes at room temperature. Remove the garlic cloves from blistered tomatoes, and squeeze the roasted garlic out on a cutting board. Make into a paste with the side of a chef knife if required, and add to Ricotta.
- Slice ACE® Sourdough Pumpkin Seed Loaf into 8 x ½” slices, or thicker if you prefer. Toast in a dry, preheated grill pan or griddle.
- To assemble, top toasted bread slices with a heaping spoon of ricotta mixture, alternating with evenly divided pesto and roasted tomatoes.