These Brussels Sprouts Crostinis are the perfect appy for any time of year – sweet, salty, and simple to prepare.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ACE Bakery® White Baguette or 1 ACE Bakery® Organic White Baguette, cut into 24 slices
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 3/4 cup smooth ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on baking sheet; bake, turning halfway through, for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together canola oil, mustard, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; toss with Brussels sprouts until well coated. Spread in even layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; roast for about 15 minutes or until tender and browned around edges. Let cool slightly.
- Gently fold 3 tbsp. dried cranberries into ricotta; spread over toasted baguette slices. Top with roasted Brussels sprouts. Garnish with remaining dried cranberries and pine nuts. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately.
Tip: For added richness and a touch of smoky flavour, chop two slices of thick-cut bacon and roast along with the Brussels sprouts.