This meal is just light enough to keep you feeling svelte but is also satisfying enough to keep you feeling satiated for hours. With Middle Eastern spices, tangy Lemon Yogurt, between a soft and delicious ACE® Bocata Ronda Roll, this Spicy Moroccan Grilled Shrimp Sandwich packs mega flavour.
Prep time: 25 minutes, plus marinating time
Cook time: 6 minutes
Total time: 31 minutes
- 4 ACE Bakery® Bocata Ronda Rolls, sliced
- ½ small cucumber
- ½ cup Greek or whole milk yogurt
- 3 tbsp. Italian parsley, wash, dried and chopped
- 1 ½ large lemon, zest and juice
- 2 clove fresh garlic, finely minced, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, 16/20 size, tails removed
- 1 ½ tbsp. Harissa spice mix or paste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large pieces roasted red pepper, cut into large strips
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and dried in paper towel (alternative- green or red leaf lettuce)
For Preserved Lemon Yogurt
- Shred cucumber on a box grater and season with 1 tsp salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place in the salted cucumber the center of a clean kitchen towel. Gather up the corners of the towel and twist into a ball, to wring out all the water.
- In a medium bowl, mix cucumber with yogurt, zest, and juice of 1 lemon, 1 clove garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauce should taste salty and lemony, like preserved lemons.
- Set aside in fridge for 30 minutes.
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain of liquid and dry on a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss together shrimp, harissa, 1/2 lemon zest and juice, 1 clove garlic minced, olive oil. Set aside 20 minutes in fridge to marinate. Season with salt and pepper.
- To cook on the grill, use a grill basket, or thread raw shrimp onto soaked wooden skewers.
- Preheat BBQ to 375°F and oil the grill or basket. Grill shrimp 1.5- 2 minutes per side, until just pink and firm.
- Remove from skewers if using and serve immediately.
- Toast Bocata Ronda rolls on the top rack of the BBQ, or under broiler if desired.
- On the bottom bun spread 1 tbsp. preserved lemon yogurt. Divide lettuce among the 4 portions forming a cup on the bottom bun.
- Layer in shrimp (5-6 per sandwich), sliced roasted red peppers and red onion.
- Spread remaining yogurt on top bun and place on top of burger.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.