Everything you love about a Cobb salad but in a burger! With ACE Bakery® Gourmet Buns, crispy bacon, a juicy turkey patty, Monterrey Jack Cheese, and a tangy herb dressing, this summertime burger is perfect for any occasion.
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus marinating time
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 ACE Bakery® Classic Gourmet Buns, sliced
- 1 ½ lb Ground Turkey
- 5 eggs, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- ½ cup mayonnaise (Alternate- Greek or full-fat Yogurt)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chives, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley, wash, dried and chopped
- 2 tsp. basil pesto, or 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped.
- 3 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (alternative- prepared guacamole)
- ½ head iceberg lettuce ripped into large pieces
For Herb Dressing
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and herbs, as well as blue cheese, if using.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste and set aside for 20- 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground turkey, 1 egg, salt, and pepper to taste, and form 4 patties. Set aside until ready to cook.
- When ready for assembly, cook burgers on an oiled grill pre-heated to 350°F for approx. 5 minutes per side, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- In the final 2 minutes of cooking, place cheese on top of patties, and close BBQ lid to melt cheese and top with cooked bacon.
- Serve immediately.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium.
- Crack 4 eggs at a distance apart and season with salt and pepper. Cook for approx. 3 minutes until egg whites are almost cooked. Flip and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
- If desired, toast Buns on the top rack of BBQ, or in the same skillet as the eggs cooked in.
- Add Herb sauce to crown and heel of buns.
- Layer cooked patties with cheese and bacon, fried egg, 2-3 slices avocado, 1 slice tomato, and lettuce.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery®.